[Frameworks] LED light kit for film shoots?

John Woods jawoods01 at yahoo.ca
Thu Jan 5 08:53:21 CST 2012

Those lights would be suitable for working with daylight or tungsten balanced film. But are they suitable for the type of work you are doing for this shoot? If I was shooting a scene for a dramatic film I wouldn't light the scene with LEDs. But for a compact & portable light for lighting interviews its a good choice.

Are you going to use these lightsenough in your video work to justify the price? Why not rent the lights you need for the film shoot and continue using your DIY kit for
your regular work? You could also use a colour temperature meter on your lights and buy some gel to colour correct your kit.

If you are using Tri-X then colour temperature is of minor concern. B&W film is more sensitive to blue light but its only about a 1/3rd of a stop difference. With the 100D you could shoot a

white card and/or colour chart and then correct the colour in post.

John