[Frameworks] LED light kit for film shoots?

Scott Ross computers.internet at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 09:02:48 CST 2012

I have one of those Litepanel 1x1 knockoffs, but it's a different brand:
http://www.socanland.com/Product.aspx?id=56

Mine is bi-color, so you can dial smoothly from tungsten to daylight
balanced light. I runs continuously on a battery for several hours and it's
surprisingly bright. However, it does have a green tinge that shows itself
more in scenes when it's used as a primary light. Usually I don't notice
the color shift as long as it's being used as an accent or backlight, and
I'm sure you could fix it with a 1/4 minus green gel on the light (like
they have in that Ebay photo).

Below are some frames from raw video footage. The camera's white balance
was set to daylight and I was using a 2x1 ft Socanland Litepanel. So twice
as bright as the 1x1.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4257037/standard1.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4257037/standard2.png (litepanel as a fill light)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4257037/standard3.png (no litepanel)