[Frameworks] DVD to 16mm

Mike m_alex_morris at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 17 23:42:41 CST 2012

Oddly enough, I'm shooting off my MacBook pro with a bolex as I write this. I find it most effective, if tedious, to expose one frame at a time to avoid the rolling effect. Now, I've created content in Final cut in a 24p timeline, so I don't have the issue of having to retime a 29.97 frame rate to avoid slowing it down. You'd either have to do some math (reversing the idea of a 3:2 pulldown, which is more math than I want to do...) or (someone who uses cinema tools more often than me correct me if in wrong) I think it might be possible to conform the video to 24p, then making it possible to expose frame by frame.

Message: 10