[Frameworks] films using the optical printer

Aaron F. Ross aaron at digitalartsguild.com
Wed Aug 6 17:08:54 UTC 2014

In my humble opinion, Pat O'Neill is the master
of optical printing. "Water and Power" is a great
film, as are all of his. My personal favorites
are "Trouble in the Image" and "The Decay of
Fiction." The latter is perhaps the greatest
single example of optical printer work ever
produced, but as far as I know it's not available.

http://www.lookoutmountainstudios.com/store.php

Other optical printing wizards are Adam Beckett, Paul Sharits, François Miron.

--Aaron