[Frameworks] film scanner

Dave Tetzlaff djtet53 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 05:36:24 UTC 2016

> I wonder if there is any alternative to it at a decent price (under 10 K?)

Did you really mean “under $10,000”?

Well, there’s the MovieStuff Retro, $4.500: http://moviestuff.tv/moviestuff_home.html

Mr. MovieStuff, Roger Evans, used to make film scanners based on projector mechanisms, probably similar in function to the Reflecta. Some (i’m not sure if all) of these carried the name “Workprinter”. He kept refining the design, moving away from the projector working like a projector to a more controlled scanning method. I’ve never seen one in person, but the guy has been in business a long time now, so I can’t imagine the stuff is bogus. There are probably used models of that older ‘Workprinter’ type out there somewhere.

I think that may refer to this: http://kinograph.cc/