[Geohab-list] GeoHab 2014 Linking Pattern and Process in Marine Systems- 2nd Circular

Daniel Ierodiaconou daniel.ierodiaconou at deakin.edu.au
Thu Dec 5 23:58:39 UTC 2013

Dear Geohabbers,

On behalf of the international and local organising committee we would like announce the 2nd circular for GeoHab 2014 being held in the coastal resort town of Lorne, Victoria, Australia between the 5th and 9th of May 2014. Please find the 2nd circular attached. Feel free to distribute to your networks. The official GEOHAB 2014 website can be found at http://www.geohab2014.org and we will provide updates here as the conference develops. Registration is now open!

GEOHAB (Marine Geological and Biological Habitat Mapping) was established in 2001. This annual forum brings together scientists from around the world who are developing new methods and procedures to link remotely sensed data with seafloor geology and marine biology within a geo-spatial environment. This approach underpins sustainable management of the ocean and seafloor resources. The conference annually brings together geologists, biologists, acousticians, statisticians, spatial analysts and environmental managers. It provides a truly multidisciplinary and exciting forum for the exchange of knowledge and ideas that underpin sustainable ocean management.

We look forward to seeing you at GeoHab 2014 in Lorne, Australia!

Co-coveners

Daniel Ierodiaconou (Deakin University) & Scott Nichol (Geoscience Australia)

Daniel Ierodiaconou
Senior Lecturer in Aquatic Spatial
School of Life and Environmental Sciences, Faculty of Science Engineering & Built Environment

[Title: Deakin University Worldly Logo]
Deakin University
PO BOX 423, Warrnambool, VIC 3280
+61 3 55633224
daniel.ierodiaconou at deakin.edu.au<mailto:daniel.ierodiaconou at deakin.edu.au>
www.deakin.edu.au<http://www.deakin.edu.au/>
Deakin University CRICOS Provider Code 00113B