[Homebrew-list] August Gathering ~ 8/10/2014 @ Fermentation Station 2-5pm

Ryan Brady ryan at ryanbrady.org
Wed Jul 30 16:28:21 UTC 2014

Alchemists,

August's gathering will focus on Fruit, SHV, Smoke/Wood, and Specialty Ales.

Details:
Style: Fruit, SHV, Smoke/Wood, and Specialty (BJCP Categories: 20 - 23)
When: Sunday August 10, 2014 from 2pm to 5pm
Where: Fermentation Station, 216 Henderson Dr, Jacksonville, NC 28540

Agenda:
1) Sample, Discuss, and Educate
2) Oktoberfest in Charlotte
3) Blue Ridge Brew Off
4) Beer Army High Gravity Festival (Dec)

Updates:

Beer Swap
A number of members have expressed interest in swapping some beer.  If
you'd like to exchange some of your beer with other members, please
bring some bottles to the gathering.

Pass on Your Knowledge to the Club
Last year we started an initiative to have short classes /
presentations on various brewing subjects like sanitation, mashing,
water profiles, recipe formulation, etc.  These classes don't need to
be very long (10-15 min).  If you'd like to give a class or
presentation, let me know before the gathering and I'll make sure you
make it into the schedule.

Food & Commercial Examples:
We are always looking for volunteers to bring food or commercial
examples of the style we're focusing on for the month.  Commercial
examples can be found in the BJCP Guidlines here:
http://www.bjcp.org/docs/2008_Guidelines.pdf

Notes:
We strongly encourage you to bring homebrew, even if you don't think
it's the best beer ever. If you are going to sample, bring a
designated driver. If you don't have any homebrew, try to bring some
commercial beers.

We hope to see you there!

Cheers!,

Ryan