[Homebrew-list] Fwd: Skirmish in the Triad

pboniface pboniface1 at ec.rr.com
Sat Oct 10 23:16:29 UTC 2015

FYI, anyone going to enter...
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: president battlegroundbrewers.com <president at battlegroundbrewers.com>
Date: Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 10:13 AM
Subject: Skirmish in the Triad
To: jadkins30 <jadkins30 at triad.rr.com>, "dale.fellows"
<dale.fellows at gmx.us>, trubclub <trubclub at gmail.com>, info
<info at downeastalers.com>, classmail <classmail at classhomebrewers.org>,
highpointhops <highpointhops at gmail.com>, slaudio <slaudio at gmail.com>,
president <president at iredellbrewersunited.org>, atfhomebrewclub
<atfhomebrewclub at gmail.com>, competition
<competition at carolinabrewmasters.com>, beergirl
<beergirl at alekeep.com>, sumter1802 <sumter1802 at yahoo.com>, lclhomebrew
<lclhomebrew at gmail.com>, wortcitybrewer <wortcitybrewer at gmail.com>
Cc: jrm0829 <jrm0829 at gmail.com>, snazzqueen <snazzqueen at gmail.com>,
"competition battlegroundbrewers.com"
<competition at battlegroundbrewers.com>

Hello all,

I wanted to let you know that the Battleground Brewers 2015 Skirmish in the
Triad is coming up on November 7 at the Hamilton Lake Swim and Tennis Center in
Greensboro, NC. This is a BJCP sanctioned event and will cover all 23 BCJP Beer
styles along with Ciders and Meads. We will use the 2008 Guidelines for judging.

We are once again excited to partner with Gibb's Hundred Brewing Company for
this years Pro Am competition. The winning entry in the Strong Scotch Ale (9E)
will have their recipe (with modification if neccesary) brewed at Gibb's Hundred
Brewing Company.

Registration is open now and will remain so until Oktober 23rd. Please be sure
to sign up to Judge or Steward when you register. No experience is necessary to
Steward  but we ask that you have at least stewarded a Homebrew Competition if
you would like to judge.

Entrants may send in an unlimited number of entries but are limited to one entry
per sub-category. BBG reserves the right to combine style categories for judging
and awards. All of the sub-categories of each category will be judged only with
other subcategories of the same category; categories will not be split among
flights.

$7 per entry for all entries.
Entrants may send in an unlimited number of entries but are limited to one entry
per sub-category.

Important dates:

9/25/15 Registration Opens
10/23/15 Registration Closes at 11:59 EST. Last day for receiving entries at the
shipping address and at alternate drop off locations. Last day for completing
the payment transactions for entry fees.
11/7/15 The date of The Skirmish. The competition concludes with an awards
ceremony and hand-out of scoresheets.
11/8/15 Results will be posted on the BBG Website
11/10/15 Remaining scoresheets will be mailed to entrants.

Two Twelve ounce brown longnecks with plain silver or gold caps are required.
The bottles must have no raised markings or labels except the rubber-band
attached competition label. Grolsch-type swing tops, growlers, 22 oz. or any
other types of bottles are not acceptable. We will be unable to return any
bottles or shipping materials.

Please share this with your clubs. If you need more information, please email me
or refer to our web site
(http://www.battlegroundbrewers.com/index.php/skirmish-in-the-triad).

We look forward to seeing you in November!

Prost!

Chris Bristol
president at battlegroundbrewers.com