[Homebrew-list] Whiskey Barrel

Paul F. Boniface pboniface1 at ec.rr.com
Mon Mar 7 04:08:32 UTC 2016

Alchemist, we decided today we are going for it to do a 53 gallon whiskey
barrel brew. Some have already stated they are interested from today's
meeting. I will get the barrel soon. Shooting for May time frame, the thing
holds 53 Gallons. If you're up for it please post on FB or email the list so
all can see how many gallons you can assist with. It will be an 8 month sit
at the station. I believe we decided on a Belgian Quad or Tripel. IBU's 23
to 32 should be good SRM, 15 to 40, and
<https://www.facebook.com/john.and.ang.porter> John Porter may be able to
assist on the numbers. 5 or 10 gallon batches, they will be tasted by the
group before the add to the barrel to make sure no infection is there so we
don't end up with a sour. Hmmm there is a possibility for the future! More
soon to come!

Cheers