[Homebrew-list] Homebrew-list Digest, Vol 24, Issue 3

Jack Keeler jack.keeler at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 20:29:30 UTC 2016

Zymurgy has an award winning Quad recipe in the Nov/Dec issue that looks pretty simple.

Simplicity Quad
6 Gal

Ingredients:
11 lbs	Dingimans Pilsner malt
5  lbs	Dingimans Pale malt
1 oz		U.S. Magnum Pellets @13% AA (60 min)
2 lbs	D-180 Candi Sugar (flame out)
White Labs WLP500 Trappist Ale, 4 L starter, plus 1 pack of Wyeast 3787 Trappist HG

OG:		1.090
FG:		1.010
ABV:	10.7%
SRM:	27
IBU:		40

Directions:
Mash grains in 8.7 gallons (33 L) water at 150 Deg F (66 C) for 90 minutes.  Mash out at 170 Deg F (77 C) for 15 min.  Boil 90 minutes.

Extract Version:
Substitute 13 lbs (5.9 kg) Pilsner malt extract syrup for pale and pilsner malts.