[Homebrew-list] 2017 Shamrock Comp

Paul F. Boniface pboniface1 at ec.rr.com
Fri Jan 27 04:18:15 UTC 2017

Alchemist,

Got this from Eric, we will discuss if anyone interested!!

It's that time of year again! The Cary-Apex-Raleigh Brewers of Yore (CARBOY)
are proud to announce that the 22st annual Shamrock Homebrewing Competition
will be held on Saturday, March 4th, 2017. We have been very thankful for
all the judges that have volunteered their time to help previous Shamrocks
go so smoothly and we will need your help again. Specific details can be
found at http://carboyclub.com/shamrock-competition/, but some specific
dates to keep in mind are:

Jan 23: Registration Opens (for both entries & judging -

http://www.carboyclub.com/shamrock/)

Feb 18: Close of Registration

Feb 18: Deadline for receipt of entries (see competition site for locations)
Mar 04: Competition Date (Please be at North Hills Club by 8:30 am for
judging)

Most things will be pretty much the same as previous years:

Same great location (North Hills Club, 4824 Yadkin Drive, Raleigh, NC)
Todd's same awesome swag raffle Great local beers for the lunch break

We will once again combine the judge beer raffle with the beer gift bags.
The goal is to have enough beers in the judge raffle that ALL judges will be
able to go home with a truly exceptional beer. Getting drawn first will
still give you first choice of a beer from the table and we're still
limiting the judge raffle to one beer per judge, but everyone should be able
to go home with something really nice from the table.

It's folks like you that have allowed us to make Shamrock the well-run
competition that it is. Please consider setting aside March 4th to join us
and help judge some great beers.

Clint Eaker / Gary Morgan

Head Judges, Shamrock XXII