[Kwant-devel] [PROVENANCE INTERNET] Re: new website

Joseph Weston joseph.weston at cea.fr
Fri Sep 11 09:43:13 UTC 2015

Me again,

> There’s no problem in pointing a specific subdomain of kwant-project.org to
> some other IP address.

It is more maintainance, though. I suppose having 2 different services
is not *so* much hassle; we'll probably never need more than this.

Anton pointed out a possible problem with GitHost in that it's not clear
that you have ssh access for configuration. In addition, given that
GitLab now [owns](https://githost.io/blog/posts/githost-gitlab) GitHost,
one could also ask what is the point of being hosted there rather than
just using gitlab.com.

I can't remember the reason why GitLab wouldn't run on webfaction, I
think it had something to do with the Ruby version required (ask
Anton or Bas). We could always get some temporary hosting for our
GitLab instance elsewhere (e.g. DigitalOcean) and then move it to
webfaction once they update their Ruby version.

Joe