[Libburn-hackers] Re: Test request to owners of recent Linux kernels

Zsolt Kúti la.tinca at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 05:29:23 CDT 2009

On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 23:28:40 +0200
"Thomas Schmitt" <scdbackup at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > >   mount -t cd9660 -o noexec,nosuid \
> > >         -o -s 813056 /dev/... /tmp/mnt
> > It does not work. mount has no knowledge of the specific -s option.
>
> I believed the man page promises to forward
> unknown -o arguments to the mount_XYZ command.
> (Maybe only the -s and not the 813056 came through ?)
The actual startsector value was used just as in the former
successful case.
>From mount_cd9660 man:
"This is the same as for example the info command of
             cdcontrol(1) is printing."
The mount command answered by showing the help. Now I tried to run
the "mount_cd9660 .. -s" with invalid value and this gave
"Input/output error".

> > Nevertheless I am going to ask an expert about this.
>
> An exact and tested prescription would be very
I am sorry I do not understand this.

> The mount command shall be performed by xorriso
> via system call execv(). If the started program
> does not reside in /sbin or /bin then i would
> need the full program path.
mount and mount_cd9660 is in /sbin

..
> A realistic test scenario would be three ISO
> sessions with the goal to mount session number 2.
> Number 3 should be mounted by default.
> Number 1 is at -s 0 which might be too trivial.
> Number 2 would be at some non-negative -s number.
OK, I made a 4-session disk.

> I don't know whether xfburn shows a media
> table-of-content with session start addresses.
> If cdrskin has been installed together with
> libburn, try:
>   $ cdrskin dev=/dev/... -toc
>   track:   1 lba:         0 (        0) 00:02:00 adr: 1 control: 4
> mode: 1 track:   2 lba:     75614 (   302456) 16:50:14 adr: 1
> control: 4 mode: 1 ...
> This would mean -s 75614 for session 2.
Also used xorriso to check TOC info and then mounted various sessions,
that seemed to work.

Question 1:
Mounting different sessions on a correctly written disk should show
only the content of the just mounted session?

Question 2:
What you are aiming at is to be able to use the same command for
linux and FreeBSD for mounting a given session, so that no branching
logic is required in your code?

Bye,
Zsolt