[Libburn-hackers] Re: Test request to owners of recent Linux kernels

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Sun Oct 11 08:49:48 CDT 2009

Hi,

> mount_cd9660 \
>      -o noexec,nosuid \
>      -s <block-address> <device-path> <mount-dir>
> mount_XXX commands already implies type information, no need for
>"-t ...".

Oh yes.

> I was
> not sure what would a successful test mean: mounting happens, or this
> and plus what one is supposed to see.

You should see at least the files which you
added freshly to the session. Whether the old
ISO tree was loaded depends much on how you
created the new session.
With xorriso it is loaded by -dev or -indev.
With mkisofs it is loaded with -M ... -C ...

> alternative to k3b, since for some time it doesn't work for me and
> could not get any help in finding out why. Probably it has an issue
> with SATA drives.

Afaik, k3b uses as burn engines cdrecord for
CD and growisofs for DVD. cdrskin could possibly
replace cdrecord for CD data and audio. k3b has
a menu where you can set the burn programs.
An example with quite outdated k3b is at
  http://scdbackup.sourceforge.net/k3b_on_cdrskin.html
I have no idea how a cdrecord dev= address looks
on FreeBSD. But the k3b debug window should tell
all options used for "cdrecord" and "mkisofs".

Have a nice day :)

Thomas