[Libburn-hackers] Re: libburn never finishes burning DVD image

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Tue Oct 27 02:17:36 CDT 2009

Hi,

my experiment with sequential DVD-RW and 1.6 GB
image showed no problem.
The media is only 2x speed, so payload writing
lasted quite some time. But session closing
lasted only abut 40 seconds.

Unformatted DVD-RW are nearly the same as DVD-R.
Any problem of DVD-R should show up too.
My next regular DVD-R burn is expected only in
one or two weeks. If we do not get insight up to
then i will try to perform it as DAO run.
(It is embedded in a script empire and nor easy
to talk into DAO.)

For now the problem seems to be in a peculiarity
of the drive in combination with DAO.
If my theory is right then this growisofs run
should fail too:

  growisofs -dvd-compat -use-the-force-luke=dao \
            -Z /dev/dvd0=dvd.iso

Another question is: how long is endless ?
Does it end after 15 minutes ?

Have a nice day :)

Thomas