[Libburn-hackers] Re: libburn never finishes burning DVD image

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Fri Oct 30 11:00:51 CDT 2009

Hi,

> So far I haven't had any reports of problems regarding the write
> modes, so I'll leave the behavior when the user specifies non-auto as
> it is.

"SAO" does not work on appendable CD or DVD-R[W].

On fast blanked DVD-RW one cannot do
Incremental ("TAO"). This also means they cannot
be kept appendable.
Regrettably some drives announce the capability
to do Incremental but fail when one tries.
So burn_write_opts_auto_write_type() might not
be able to detect the problem in advance.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas