[lxml-dev] PATCH: XMLSyntaxError

Andrey Tatarinov elephantum at cyberzoo.ru
Sun Nov 6 14:48:15 CST 2005

> >> Now that I think about it: I guess that's for compatibility, too. So if we
> >> change this, why not take the second step and rename "Error" into
> >> "LxmlException" ? Would reduce the chance of import conflicts, at least in new
> >> code. We may still leave Error in for compatibility, but depricate it.
> >
> > Then what are packages for?
> Even better:
>
> from lxml.etree import *
> from my_lib     import *
>
> Have fun.

oh my.
by doing implicit import of localname one should understand all
wrongness of his doings.

following your logic we should prefix all functions and classes with
Lxml, or may be better NetCodespeakLxml (maybe someone else will like
name Lxml?) then user would not have any name conflicts for sure,
whichever dumb imports he do.