[MOSAIC-news] M-Cast, Friday Oct 22

Randall Pruim rpruim at calvin.edu
Wed Oct 20 22:09:09 CDT 2010

Join us Friday for the next M-Cast from Project MOSAIC

Friday Oct. 22 at 1:00 Eastern (12:00 Central, 10:00 Pacific)

Eric Cytrynbaum, University of British Columbia
Science-One: A Multidisciplinary First-Year Science Program at UBC

I will introduce a novel first year Science program at UBC. The
program admits a select group of ~75 students and consists of a single
multidisciplinary course that covers all of their first year Science
requirements (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology). I will
give an overview of how we organize the course with an emphasis on the
role of Modeling, Statistics, Computation and Calculus in the program.

MOSAIC M-Casts are held the 2nd and 4th Friday of each month.  See the
upcoming M-Casts and recordings of past M-Casts on our schedule page.

You can join Friday's M-Cast using your web browser.  Follow these
instructions.

Regards,
Danny Kaplan

PS.  If your email reader doesn't support hyperlinks, please cut and
paste this URL to see the information on the M-CAST schedule: http://www.causeweb.org/wiki/mosaic/index.php/Mcast-schedule