[Ok-sus] Whitewash Bob's Roof Workshop

Bob Waldrop bwaldrop at cox.net
Thu Apr 19 20:48:34 CDT 2012

Everyone is invited to a free workshop on whitewashing roofs. This is a low cost way to reduce your cooling expense in the summer.
See http://www.builditsolar.com/Projects/Cooling/WhiteRoofExperiment/WhiteRoof.htm for a description of the process.

Location – my house, 1524 NW 21, OKC 73106.
Date:  Saturday June 2nd
Time:  9 AM

If it is raining (that day or the night before), we will delay one week to the following Saturday. Wear work clothes and bring work gloves if you want to actually help do the white washing.

I would appreciate a private email to bwaldrop at cox.net if you are coming or by joining the FB event at https://www.facebook.com/events/286135491467827/ .

I am interested in helping people network to form small work groups to do their own roofs.  My idea is that four to six householders could get together and do all of the roofs in the work group, as a cooperative effort in the tradition of house raisings.

I am also interested in finding teams of volunteers who would be willing to go out and white wash the roofs of low income elderly people.

Bob Waldrop, Okie City