[Ok-sus] permaculture book/resource for an 8 acre SW OKC farm?

Vicke Adams vicke at vickeadams.com
Tue Dec 11 08:19:12 CST 2012

I have read all the books that Bob listed, except the one by Kouric, and am
a certified permaculture designer. However, I find that putting these
concepts into practice on a real homestead is pretty challenging because
there is no way to anticipate the daily issues and there isn't anything out
there to address these. I have a six acre homestead in NE Oklahoma. Last
summer I got overrun by the worst plague of grasshoppers I have ever seen in
my life.  My whole garden was wiped out in about a week. I tried organic
solutions to no avail. Maybe I didn't get them started quickly enough. I
wouldn't cave in and use chemicals as some people suggested and I lost
everything, even the perennials, a very costly loss. What I think would be
helpful is some kind of "support group" where I could ask questions about
problems I'm having or maybe help someone else with a problem that I have
already been through. Does anyone know of a yahoo or Google group that
already does this? If not, maybe we could start one.

Vicke
Goingsnake Farm