[Ok-sus] permaculture book/resource for an 8 acre SW OKC farm?

Julie Gahn juliegahn at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 18 08:11:11 CST 2012

Hi OK Sustainability list,

If you'd like to join a group that is discussing farm-scale permaculture issues,
we're getting one together that functions via email for now.  (Our group was
split on whether to use a forum, yahoo group, google group, or Facebook, so
we're just using email for now while I research whether there's some type of
service that would push an original out to all formats.)

So, to join the discussion with folks who've been attending Mark Shepard /
Brandon Angrisani events out here in eastern Oklahoma just send me an email &
let me know if you'd prefer your address to be in the To: or Bcc: line.

Our group's name is OK Restoration Agriculture because Mark, Brandon & others
have started a non-profit for research & education.  See more
here: http://restorationag.org

One of their first research projects is a comparison of soy/corn monoculture
model vs perennial permaculture model:  http://restorationag.org/uiuc/

The Restoration Agriculture Research Plot at the University of Illinois at
Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) is the first large-scale quantitative comparison study
of Restoration Agriculture and the conventional corn-soy rotation. Planted in
the spring of 2012 at the heart of our country’s premier land grant University,
the study arose from collaboration between UIUC faculty and RAI researchers. The
primary hypothesis tested in the experiment will be that Restoration Agriculture
can net more calories and profit per acre than conventional agriculture while
simultaneously sequestering carbon and restoring ecosystem services to the land.