[Ok-sus] How desperate is the auto industry?

Robert Waldrop bwaldrop1952 at att.net
Thu Dec 27 00:16:53 CST 2012

How desperate is the auto industry?  I just saw an ad for a local OKC car
dealership offering NO PAYMENTS FOR TWO YEARS! terms.

I don't know what's most scary about that.

(1) The fact that they are loudly offering those terms.

Or,

(2) the behind the scenes detail that somewhere there is someone willing to buy
that debt, because I doubt seriously that business could sell a new car and wait
two years to realize any revenue on it.

How much do you tack onto the price of a new car to make those terms seem
attractive to a business?

How desperate do you have to be to offer those terms?

Doesn't that desperation tell us something?