[Ok-sus] Fw: Why are these 2 Moms so angry?

Christine Patton tryishmael at yahoo.com
Fri May 4 04:44:08 CDT 2012

Why are these two moms so angry?
 It's lunchtime ... do you know what your kids are eating at school? How would you feel if you found out it was mostly processed foods, fries, chips, sodas and pizzas?

Come see "Two Angry Moms," a documentary tracing the efforts of moms around the country working to make sure their kids, and all kids, have access to the real, healthy foods they need to grow, learn and succeed. PLUS, find out the situation in Oklahoma City schools!

Free film screening
What: "Two Angry Moms" film screening

Where: IAO Gallery,
             706 W Sheridan Avenue, OKC

When: Sat. May 12
Potluck - 6 p.m.
Screening - 6:45 p.m.
OKC school update - 8:15 p.m.

Beat the Heat in Your Home and Garden
Grow food, save water, conserve energy, build community

Looking forward to the possibility of another 63 days of 100+ heat ... like last summer? If not, join us at this collaborative workshop with strategies, tips and idea-sharing on how to stay cool this summer in your garden and home.

Where:  Earth 2 Urban Local Foods Market
1235 SW 2nd Street, OKC
	* Sat., May 5, 11:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
	* Community potluck at 11:30 a.m.
	* Workshop at 12:15 p.m.
Cost: Free. Donations not required, however we will pass the hat for donations to cover our costs, and for every donation of $5 or more, we'll provide a receipt for your tax records.

RSVP here - space is limited.

Better Block OKC

Better Block OKC is a community revitalization project that demonstrates how to improve an area through temporary infrastructure, culture, pop-up businesses, landscaping, beautification & street life. Presented by ULI Oklahoma.

Transition OKC is creating and installing a temporary pop-up community garden for Better Block OKC.
When: May 18 & 19
Where: NW 7th & Hudson, OKC
Cost: Free!

Thanks to supporters like you, Transition OKC raised $2,410 for tools, equipment and compost bins for the Closer to Earth youth community gardens, where teens learn more than organic gardening - they learn teamwork, leadership, mentoring and environmental advocacy. Thank you Oklahoma City!

Sincerely,
Vicki Rose & Doug Hill
Co-chairs
Transition OKC

Transition OKC is a program of Sustainable OKC, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.   Two Angry Moms
presented by

Get the latest news!

GoingLocalOKC.org

Forward this email

This email was sent to christinetpatton at yahoo.com by info at goinglocalokc.com |
Transition OKC| P.O. Box 54665| Oklahoma City| OK| 73154