[Ok-sus] Fw: MAPS 3 Sidewalks Update

Bob Waldrop bwaldrop1952 at att.net
Mon Nov 5 18:57:37 CST 2012

Any way I look at this, Oklahoma City comes out looking bad.

Did Oklahoma City leaders deliberately do a bad job  on the estimates
and thus fraudulently reported the MAPS 3 project would build more
sidewalks than was actually the case?

Or is Oklahoma City staff so incompetent that they don't know how to
estimate sidewalks?

I just find it hard to believe that the staff of Oklahoma City is so
incompetent that they "forgot" that the width of sidewalks would change
and that there would be driveways.

I think the most likely explanation is that the mayor and others
boosting this program deliberately lied to us in order to get our votes
for their schemes.

I'm glad we're building the sidewalks that are being built.  I mourn the
incredible misallocation of resources that other MAPS programs involve,
including the new convention center, and the present project to
redecorate downtown so we present a cute Potenkin Village face to the
world.