[Ok-sus] Here is some real straight talk: "Feeling grateful yet? Teenage poultry farmer dishes straight talk"

Harlan Hentges harlan at organiclawyers.com
Tue Nov 13 12:21:09 CST 2012

From: list-owner at mail.nobull.net [mailto:list-owner at mail.nobull.net] On
Behalf Of Mike Callicrate
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 11:25 AM
To: list at nobull.net
Subject: NOBULL: Feeling grateful yet? Teenage poultry farmer dishes
straight talk

Feeling grateful yet? Teenage poultry farmer dishes straight talk
<http://www.denverpost.com/ci_21967690>

November 11, 2012 7:12 PM GMTUpdated:   11/11/2012 12:12:20 PM MST

By Shelby Grebenc
Special to The Denver Postdenverpost.com

<http://www.denverpost.com/portlet/article/html/imageDisplay.jsp?contentItem
RelationshipId=4764760>
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2012/1109/20121109__20121
110_C1_FE10AHFARM~p1.jpg

Shelby Grebenc has been raising chickens for both eggs and meat at her
family's Adams County farm. In this 2011 photo, she holds Chipmunk, one of
her Americana hens. (Cyrus McCrimmon, The Denver Post)

Over the past year I have been trying to earn money. I have been doing this
by helping plant a big garden and then selling lettuce and other vegetables
that I raise at farmers markets.

I also have chickens and I sell eggs at a local dairy, farmers market, and
from roadside signs telling people how to get to my house. I also sell live
chickens and broilers.

The next time you shop at a farmers market, think about what it cost me to
grow it. Don't ask me to take less and then tell me you can get it cheaper
at a big-box store. I know you can - but it will not be as fresh or as good
as what I have, and you won't make me cry.

Read more:  <http://www.denverpost.com/ci_21967690#ixzz2C7laBTjl> Feeling
grateful yet? Teenage poultry farmer dishes straight talk - The Denver Post