[Ok-sus] Fw: [COMFOOD:] Farm to College by the Number$

Ilda Hershey ildahershey at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 26 12:16:03 CST 2012

OSU is currently at 14.8%
This represents food and beverage purchases for on-campus dining operations and catering services that are...Grown and processed within 250 miles of OSU Third-party certified (USDA Certified Organic, Marine Stewardship Council Blue Ecolabel, Food Alliance, Fair Trade, Certified Humane Raised and Handled)
Food and beverage purchases that meet multiple criteria listed above are counted only once.  I believe stats for other colleges/universities can be found from www.aashe.org (although, you may need AASHE staff assistance to drill down to Dining Services stats).
-Ilda