[Ok-sus] A definitive series of articles debunking the fossil fuel industry cornucopic boosterism

Bob Waldrop music at epiphanyokc.com
Sun Oct 7 12:03:48 CDT 2012

The Oklahoman is presently running a series of articles, last Sunday and
this Sunday, which is pretty much state of the art cornucopic boosterism on
the future of fossil fuels. You can find it at http://www.newsok.com .   The
Oklahoman has always been a fossil fuel booster so there isn't much to be
surprised about in that regard.  Anyway, below are links to a series of
articles running in the Christian Science Monitor which together paint a
much different, and much more bleak, future for fossil fuel production.

Bob Waldrop, OKC

Why the oil industry doesn't want you to remember the last 14 years.

http://www.resourceinsights.blogspot.com/2012/09/why-oil-industry-doesnt-wan
t-you-to.html

Has OPEC misled us on the size of its reserves? Does it matter?

http://www.resourceinsights.blogspot.com/2012/09/has-opec-misled-us-about-si
ze-of-its.html

Tar Sands, Oil Shale, and heavy oil: why the conventional wisdom about
unconventional oil is likely to be wrong.

http://resourceinsights.blogspot.com/2012/09/tar-sands-oil-shale-and-heavy-o
il-why.html

Global exports in decline since 2006. What will oil importing nations do?

http://www.resourceinsights.blogspot.com/2012/09/global-oil-exports-in-decli
ne-since.html

Energy transition: we need to do it fast and we are behind.

http://www.resourceinsights.blogspot.com/2012/09/energy-transition-we-need-t
o-do-it-fast.html

How we misjudge the risks of oil depletion and climate change.

http://resourceinsights.blogspot.com/2012/10/how-we-misjudge-risks-of-oil-de
pletion.html