[Ok-sus] Kern and the Anti 21ers

Harlan Hentges harlan at organiclawyers.com
Mon Oct 22 09:47:09 CDT 2012

Anti-Agenda 21ers are extreme. They claim the UN has infiltrated federal,
state and local governments, and that virtually all governmental activity is
part of a plan to establish a global totalitarian regime. They oppose good
public policies at the local level because they fear that good public policy
is part of a UN conspiracy. This idea compliments Grover Norquist's goal of
getting government down to a size where we can "drown it in the bathtub."
These are the views of anarchists. They foster fear and suspicion within our
own communities. Like people in Salem, Massachusetts who burned women
because they feared witches, Anti-Agenda 21ers derail democracy and good
local government because they fear a one-world totalitarian regime.  A
vigorous and honest debate will show that Kern's proposed legislation
promotes fear mongering, divisiveness and limits democracy.

Kern considers legislation to protect Oklahomans against U.N. initiative

Rep. Sally Kern said Thursday she is considering filing legislation similar
to a measure passed in Alabama that would prohibit state and local
government organizations from participating in the implementation of Agenda
21, a United Nations initiative.

Part of this story is here http://news.oeta.tv/headlines/politics/4606.html.

Harlan Hentges

(405) 340-6554  Office