[Ok-sus] A sobering report from an eco-summit

curtis andrew beckwith chikaskia at aol.com
Wed Oct 31 02:04:56 CDT 2012

gatherings of this ilk and design will be eternally fruitless and frustrating simply because they perpetuate the paradigm that is at the base, the source, the heart of the problem.  top down, beyond a sensible human scale, 'experts' lecturing the assembled.  only when the participants resolve to break through to a new way of doing things will any sort of progress be seen.

 i have never been as good an articulator as i am a guide, a connector.  this report covering the first north american bioregional congress by david haenke hailing from almost thirty years ago accomplishes deftly much of what i am trying to convey. i was seven years into this work when i helped organise and participate in nabc 1, and have kept connected and involved since then.  by the way, the source site "in context" magazine is a cornucopia of answers:
http://www.context.org/iclib/ic07/heinke/