[Ok-sus] Oklahoma Rebates and Incentives Summary-Solarinstallation

Michael Givel mgivel at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 22 07:38:33 CDT 2012

Maybe yes and maybe  no is  a weak policy instrument to meet the goals of the program leaving  a potentially gaping loophole.

Here is my suggestion for a  solid approach. Net metering should be uniform and mandatory for all co-ops, municipal, and investor owned utilities; should have a capacity like California's based on 1 megawatt;  should have no monthly charges to recover the nongeneration-related cost of the utility; require a single meter capable of registering the electricity flow in two directions with utilities installing two meters at their own expense; and adopt Minnesota's program to purchase net excess generation at the average retail utility rate defined as the total annual class revenue from sales of electricity minus the annual revenue resulting from fixed charges, divided by the annual class kWh sales.

I would think that this would be a very sustainable incentive for solar PV and I would be interested to know when the utilities of Oklahoma  would publicly support updating the 24 year rule with state of the art as to what is already being done around the nation and make Oklahoma even more sustainable and green.