[Ok-sus] Fw: November Coyote Mentoring

Julie Gahn juliegahn at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 23 06:33:04 CDT 2012

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Ozark Tracker Society <ozarktracker at gmail.com>
To: Ozark Tracker Society <ozarktracker at gmail.com>
Sent: Sat, September 22, 2012 9:18:42 PM
Subject: November Coyote Mentoring

Hello everyone,

We would like to announce a Coyote Mentoring workshop to be held at the Ozark
Plateau National Wildlife Refuge in Colcord, OK (a little over an hour from
Tulsa or Fayetteville),November 2-4, 2012. The workshop begins at 3:00 p.m. on
Friday and ends by  2:00 p.m. on Sunday, includes food and tent camping, a  copy
of Coyote's Guide to Connecting with Nature by Young et al., and only costs $25
per person!

This is the fourth event in  our Ozark Nature Mentoring Initiative (ONMI) series
that was made possible by a regional award  from the EPA.  ONMI provides
effective, fun and cutting-edge training in mentoring Deep Nature Connection for
the region. These  programs have historically only been offered on the East and
West coasts  and generally cost upwards of $700. We do have stipends for school
teachers- contact us!

Coyote Mentoring is based on the 8-Shields Mentoring Model, developed by  Jon
Young and  endorsed by Richard Louv as "good medicine for nature deficit
disorder." CM  capitalizes on the natural  learning process, using techniques
that foster innate curiosity through  stories, questions, mysteries and
challenges in a way that traditional  Western education has forgotten.  CM is
dynamic, engaging, fun and  cultivates authentic bonds between students, mentors
and nature. CM  workshops are for formal and informal educators or anyone
wanting to re-establish deep bonds with the natural world.

At the end of year two (2013) of the OMNI, we will have a week-long Art of
Mentoring with Jon Young! Those who have attended the Coyote Mentoring workshops
will have first dibs at the Art of Mentoring and possibly the opportunity to
play an advanced role.

These workshops fill up fast so register today! Click here to register for
November Coyote Mentoring.

For more information, send us an email or visit our website:
www.ozarktrackers.org.

Take care,
Sarah

Sarah Hammond, PhD