[Ok-sus] The Year the Monarch Didn't Appear

Stephanie Jeffords buzzardroostranch at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 16:56:42 UTC 2013

We had loads of  Monarchs this year.  They love fennel plants.  We do not
spray any insecticides or herbicides. I found that right after I harvest
the fennel the Monarch caterpillars appear.  My fennel comes back next
spring fuller and better.
I mention this because fennel is not considered an invasive weed. More
fennel plants in gardens might help to support the future Monarch
population.

The GMO corn is also hurting all insect populations including the bees.
(Not to mention my horses).
Another reason to demand non-GMO foods.