[Ok-sus] Join the Tar Sand Blockade group Jan. 5 for training!!

Marilyn McCulloch outpostomega at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 4 12:35:00 CST 2013

Clean Energy Future OK needs your help - Mother Earth needs our help!!
Tomorrow: Jan.5, 2013, 1:00 PM
Mystic Moon Yoga and Art Studio.
208 E. Broadway
Drumright OK

This excellent explanation by Mark Manley gives a very good overview, if you are
still trying to get a handle on this - I think we need to protest the insidious
tar sands ads during the OK Thunder games on television as well!!! Peace and
light to all,

 Blessings,
   Marilyn

       Hello Neighbor,
I am writing to you about a subject I know you will want to know about because
it affects everyone’s health.

A Canadian company is using eminent domain to seize land in Oklahoma and Texas
for the purpose of running a pipeline carrying a poisonous mixture of tar sands
and carcinogens. This Keystone XL pipeline, running from Canada to Texas, is a
larger version of one that has spilled far more than the company building it
would like you to know.
2010: July 25-26: A tar sands pipeline operated by Enbridge Inc. spilled around
one million gallons of tar sands oil into the Kalamazoo River. Because tar sands
oil is unlike conventional crude and more difficult to clean up, the river is
still undergoing clean-up as of December 2012 and will likely never be fully
cleaned up.
The original Keystone pipeline has been in operation less than one year. Its
owner TransCanada predicted no more than one spill every seven years. Instead of
one spill every seven years, oil has spilled 11 times in the last year. Since
the pipeline will pass over 2 major aquifers as well as many rivers, spillage is
not to be taken lightly.
Similarly, the number of jobs created by the pipeline has been vastly over-rated
and the refined oil is destined for China, not the USA.
A coalition of people in Texas has been fighting this pipeline under the banner
Tar Sands Blockade. They are a talented, dedicated group from all over the USA
and are having great success but they need help in Oklahoma. We are about to
hold our fourth Oklahoma organizing meeting with training tomorrow, January 5.

 I hope you will join us. There are many levels of involvement so there is a
place for everyone. People from the Texas group will be there to assist.