[Ok-sus] Fw: Upcoming Events + Better Block Announcement

Christine Patton tryishmael at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 17:00:48 UTC 2013

Product #1
  Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.

 EXCITING NEWS!
We are thrilled to join forces with  Better Block OKC and the Urban Land Institute of Oklahoma to announce our very own Farmers Market District as the location for Better Block OKC 2013!
Better Block is a revitalization project that strives to demonstrate how an urban area can be improved through pedestrian & public infrastructure mixed with art, culture, pop-up businesses and an enhanced street life. It's a two-day event that you wont want to miss, so mark your calendars for May 4th & 5th!
For more information & volunteer opportunities, check out the recent press release here.

           Mark your calendar for these upcoming events:
 Garage Sale
Located in the large Farmers Market Building from 10:00am - 5:00pm on both Saturday and Sunday.  Spring Fest
Right here at the Earth to Urban Local  Food Hub to celebrate Earth Day & the new season - fun for the entire family!  Better Block
Join us in honoring the cities historic district that we call home. This event is guaranteed to be unforgettable!

  Chicken photo-op!
Our very own Travis Marak will be at this weekends community garage sale on Saturday from 10:00am to 3:00pm with his camera & chickens! His "Man Holding Chicken" project is based on the idea of re-connecting consumers to the fact that food comes from plants and animals, not supermarkets.  Participants of all ages will have the chance to interact with friendly fowl from Anderson Organics here in OKC!
Click here to view more of Travis' work.
 Vine Ripened & Hydroponic Tomatoes
Did you know that the tomato was first seen growing stateside in South Carolina in 1710? Over the years they have made their way west & are still growing strong here in Oklahoma City at Cedar Spring Farms. We've just restocked and have red slicers available by both the pound or the case. That's 20lbs for $30! Its a great time of year to spend a little extra time in the kitchen restocking those preserved goods for a rainy day.

P.S. We've still got 2013 Keep it Local cards!
 follow on Twitter | friend on Facebook | forward to a friend
 Copyright © 2013 Urban Agrarian. All rights reserved.
 unsubscribe from this list | unsubscribe from all lists       Back40Catalyst