[Ok-sus] sustainable building material?

Shelley Smith canokie67 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 01:43:08 UTC 2013

What do you all think of this as a building material? It is similar to
aerated autoclave concrete except this product is made without heat so it
has a much lower embodied energy. I like that it is strong, easy to use,
resistant to termites, won't rot or burn, and is made of non-toxic
materials. I was thinking of doing an adobe style home using these blocks
with a pitched metal roof in a light color with heat reflective
paint (similar to the Territorial style adobe homes in northern New
Mexico).

Thoughts - pro or con?

http://www.crescoconcrete.com/Liteblok.htm

Thank you,