[Ok-sus] New York plans $20 billion plan to increase the city's persistence to damage

Bob Waldrop bob at bobwaldrop.net
Tue Jun 11 21:33:49 UTC 2013

Mayor Bloomberg of New York today unveiled a proposed $20 billion plan
to build and strengthen NYC defenses against extreme storms and
flooding.  Expensive no doubt, but so is recovery after storms, as they
are discovering now.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-06-11/bloomberg-proposes-20-billion-new-york-flood-plan-after-sandy.html

That's what is called leadership.

Meanwhile, here in Oklahoma, our city councils won't even make storm
shelters mandatory in new construction.

Our state legislature won't make storm shelters mandatory in our schools
and won't spend any money for that.  They will spend money to send the
Governor and her cronies in the Chamber of Commerece et all to the Paris
Air Show, at a cost of $400/night for hotel and $188/day for meals, plus
first class air fare.  BUT NOT ONE PENNY to shelter kids from a storm.

That's why this state is headed to the ash heap of history.  We have the
same problem in Oklahoma that the Russians had before 1989. They had a
government that put ideology before reality.  So do we.

That's why we have to look out for ourselves.

Bob Waldrop, Oklahoma City http://www.ipermie.net -- How to permaculture
your urban lifestyle