[Ok-sus] Climate Change

Chuck Gross cxg300 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 14 02:38:42 UTC 2013

I accept that 97% of scientists are correct in their assessment of climate change.

As Eric has said previously, however, this venue is for sustainability issues.  As such, if amyone choses to live their life in such a way that is detrimental to our planet, our country, or possibly even our community, we do not have the capacity to compel them to do otherwise.  I have chosen to live my life with a minimum of impact on climate change stressors, and hope that others do as well.

What I have learned through my involvement with OSN has greatly contributed to my own ability to identify how I can minimize my own impacts, and that is of course what this venue is for.

Beyond taking the personal responsibility - or responsibility to ourselves, to state that another way - to minimize our impacts on the planet, including limiting our own contributions to climate change, there is little which we can do.

Senator Inhofe has his views, which do not coincide with mine, but I cannot compel him to change his views, no matter why he accepts a position contrary to science.

Chuck Gross