[Ok-sus] climate change webinar

John Miggins jmiggins at cox.net
Thu Mar 14 01:47:55 UTC 2013

Here is an excellent panel , one of whom I have heard before, Dr. Heidi Cullen who wrote the book “the weather of the future” and has a compelling presentation on weather starting at the recording of weather and going through the next 50 years.

If viewed with an open mind you can’t help but learn and hopefully act accordingly.

http://www.greenbuildermag.com/impactseries?utm_source=WhatCounts+Publicaster+Edition <http://www.greenbuildermag.com/impactseries?utm_source=WhatCounts+Publicaster+Edition&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Impact+Series%3a+Dr.+Heidi+Cullen&utm_content=Register+Now> &utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Impact+Series%3a+Dr.+Heidi+Cullen&utm_content=Register+Now

Welcome to The Impact Series: Game Changers in Sustainability

Green Builder Media's 2013 webinar series

Please see our Webinar Archive for recordings of past webinars.

Upcoming | Archived

Extreme Weather: How the changing climate will affect our future

Dr. Heidi Cullen

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 9:00 AM Pacific/12:00 PM Eastern

Register Now

As Chief Climatologist for Climate Central and former Climate Expert at The Weather Channel, Dr. Heidi Cullen has firsthand insight into the changes that are taking place in our environment and how those changes will affect our lives. Join Green Builder Media President Ron Jones as he interviews Cullen on March 26 at 12 ET about the impacts of climate change on the U.S. and the recently released findings in the National Climate Assessment.

Dr. Heidi Cullen serves as Chief Climatologist for Climate Central — a non-profit science journalism organization headquartered in Princeton, NJ. She is a Visiting Lecturer at Princeton University and a Senior Research Fellow at the Wharton Risk Management and Decision Processes Center at the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Cullen is the author of The Weather of the Future published by Harper Collins. Before joining Climate Central, where she reports on climate and energy issues, Dr. Cullen served as The Weather Channel’s first on-air climate expert and helped create Forecast Earth, a weekly television series focused on issues related to climate change and the environment. Prior to that Dr. Cullen worked as a research scientist at the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) in Boulder, CO. She received the NOAA Climate & Global Change Fellowship and spent two years at Columbia University’s International Research Institute for Climate and Society working to apply long-range climate forecasts to the water resources sector in Brazil and Paraguay. She is a member of the American Geophysical Union, the American Meteorological Society and the Society of Environmental Journalists. Dr. Cullen also serves as a member of the NOAA Science Advisory Board. She received a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering from Columbia University and went on to receive a Ph.D. in climatology and ocean-atmosphere dynamics at the Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory of Columbia University.

It's Wrong to Wreck the World: The Moral Arguments for Climate Change Action

Kathleen Dean Moore, Ph.D.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 11:00 AM Pacific/2:00 PM Eastern

Register Now

Environmental philosopher Kathleen Dean Moore intimately understands the moral imperative of sustainability. As Distinguished Professor of Philosophy at Oregon State University and award-winning author of Moral Ground: Ethical Action for a Planet in Peril (foreword by Desmond Tutu), Moore spends her time “exploring ethical, spiritual, and cultural relationships to the natural world”. Join The Green Builder®, Ron Jones, as he discuss with Moore our moral responsibility to address climate change and sustainability for future generations.

Kathleen Dean Moore, Ph.D., is Distinguished Professor of Philosophy at Oregon State University and co-founder of the Spring Creek Project for Ideas, Nature, and the Written Word. Her recent award-winning book, Moral Ground: Ethical Action for a Planet in Peril is a call to action on climate change from 100 of the world’s moral leaders. Since its publication, Moore has spoken at many dozens of gatherings around the country, making the case that climate change is a fundamentally moral crisis that requires us to re-define human virtue and the good life.

Moore is best known for her books of nature essays -- Wild Comfort: The Solace of Nature, Holdfast: At Home in the Natural World, Riverwalking: Reflections on Moving Water, and The Pine Island Paradox, winner of the Oregon Book Award. Her work has appeared in many anthologies and journals, including Audubon, Discover, Connotations, Earth Island Journal, and Orion, where she serves on the Board of Directors.

John Miggins

Principal

Harvest Energy Solutions

"renewable solutions to everyday needs"