[Ok-sus] Inhofe Premises NO. 2

Harlan Hentges harlan at organiclawyers.com
Thu Mar 14 14:45:13 UTC 2013

I think that Inhofe's second key premise is also obviously incorrect.  Could
anyone support Inhofe's claim?

Inhofe's second claim is that Dr. Michael Mann's hockey stick graph was the
result of Mann's dishonest manipulation of the data.

Inhofe states, "The most egregious flaw in the (IPCC's) Third Assessment is
undoubtedly the now infamous hockey stick graph ."(p. 31)  "problems with
Mann's study were immense" (p.32).. "My (Inhofe's) concerns .were
validated"(p.34) .  "It appears to be a case of selectively using data -
that is, if you don't' like the result, remove the offending data until you
get the answer you want." (p.35). This report refuted the hockey stick"
(p.35). "It confirmed what I had been saying all along: the hockey stick was
broken." (p. 36).

Mann's finding of an historically large and significant increase in global
temperatures in the 20th century was repeatedly confirmed. Although his
statistical methodology was seriously and scientifically debated, this
finding was never seriously challenged. In the wake of the "Climategate
scandal" Penn State conducted an investigation of Mann's conduct and
concluded not only that he had done nothing wrong, but praised him for his
work as a scientist.

Inhofe's claim that Mann was dishonest has been rejected by the institution
that investigated the claim.

Inhofe's statement that the "hockey stick was broken" leaves the false
impression that Dr. Mann's finding had been contradicted.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  Do not read, copy or distribute this e-mail unless
you are the intended recipient.  This e-mail, and attachment(s), contains
confidential and/or legally privileged information.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete immediately.

Harlan Hentges

(405) 340-6554  Office

(405) 808-7669  Mobile

 <mailto:harlan at organiclawyers.com> harlan at organiclawyers.com