[Ok-sus] Inhofe Premises NO. 2

Vicke Adams vicke at vickeadams.com
Fri Mar 15 19:46:27 UTC 2013

Here's the problem with thinking that the argument is over, almost half the people in this country still don't believe global warming is happening. It is probably more than that in Oklahoma. We are a long ways from being through educating people. And there are many related problems that are in exactly the same boat. We still have people that don't believe oil is endless and people still think it is fine to use umpteen gallons of potable water to flush the toilet even when they just pee. Communities still mix their sewer and runoff water contaminating many gallons more than necessary. Many people are not taking seriously the problem with GMO crops or even think twice about the process by which their food is raised. People in this country have been conditioned to think that we have endless resources. We have a huge uphill battle to educate people and the educational process is thwarted by people like Senator Inhofe who mislead their constituents for the benefit of their corporate funders. That is the part I was fuming about to begin with. In my mind it is terribly wrong to use your position to manipulate and mislead.

Vicke

PS - While I'm not an expert on this issue, I think that use of the term moron is frowned upon these days :-)