[Ok-sus] Youth Environmental & Sustainable Energy Leadership Training Programs!

Eric Pollard ewpollard at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 14:30:25 UTC 2013

Hey all,

Here are three different youth leadership training programs to check out if
you are a student or young professional looking for more skills and support
in environmental and energy grassroots outreach.

On Friday, March 15, 2013 10:39:38 AM UTC-4, Sasha Shyduroff wrote:

> Hey EAC Partners,
> We wanted to let you know about our summer leadership trainings program
> and ask if you could help spread the word to any young leaders you think
> would be interested.
> I wanted to let you know about an awesome leadership training opportunity
> coming up this summer called SPROG <http://ssc.wearepowershift.org/sprog>.
> Every summer, the Sierra Student Coalition runs several SPROGs across the
> country to give young people the skills, knowledge, and confidence
> necessary to be leaders in grassroots advocacy campaigns for climate,
> justice, and sustainability issues.
>
> *About the Program*: SPROG is a week-long, peer-to-peer training camp
> offered in a unique community setting that integrates experiential
> learning. Sprog is especially effective for young people looking to or
> already taking on a leadership role. More info:
> http://ssc.wearepowershift.org/sprog
>
> *Where: *We have 6 sprogs this year, including a shorter Sprog in an
> Urban setting.
>
> *Costs*: If you apply by April 15th (Early Bird) it’s $300. We also have
> group rates and scholarships.
>
> *Check it out/Apply: *http://ssc.wearepowershift.org/sprog
>
> --
>  Sasha Shyduroff
> Organizing Manager, Sierra Student Coalition
> Sasha.Shyduroff at Sierraclub.org
>
> C: (207) 542-0324

On Tuesday, March 12, 2013 10:13:23 AM UTC-4, Dan Cannon wrote: Hey
Everyone!

The Greenpeace Semester, Greenpeace's activist training program for young
leaders, is accepting applications to its summer and fall terms - would you
please share this email to help spread the word?

You can check out this link for more information:
www.greenpeace.org/usa/semester<http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/semester/?utm_source=GPUS%2Bstaff%2Bday%2Bof%2Baction&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Professional%2Bemail>

Greenpeace has trained hundreds of people in the Greenpeace Semester  - a
unique program that gives young adults the opportunity to spend a semester
with the organization in Washington D.C. and dive into critical global
environmental issues. Participants  learn the fundamentals of organizing,
campaigning, communications, and peaceful direct action from experienced
trainers. Many leaders within the youth climate movement are alumni of the
program.

This is a great opportunity for young people to take their passion for the
environment, get training to solve real-world problems, and emerge with a
life-changing experience and skills they can use in their community or
their career endeavors.

The priority application period ends soon, so those interested should apply
now<http://members.greenpeace.org/survey/start/532/?utm_source=Staff%2BDay%2Bof%2BAction&utm_medium=Professional%2Bemail%2Bto%2Bapplication&utm_campaign=GPS%2Bsummer%2Ffall%2B2013>
.

Thanks for passing this along!

Dan*

*

Ps:  Help the Greenpeace Semester recruit on Twitter and Facebook:

*Facebook:* Want to see more clean energy? Learn what it takes to protect
the rainforests and oceans and fight corporate power? Spend a semester with
Greenpeace!  If you're in college, you can get course credit. Apply now for
the summer or fall terms – priority deadline is March 18!
http://goo.gl/wft7W

  *Twitter:* Care about the planet?  Spend 5 weeks this summer with
Greenpeace to #savethearctic and #rainforests with the @GPSemester
http://goo.gl/tLyjg

--
Dan Cannon
National Organizer

o: 202-315-4077
c: 440.724.4716
skype: dgc4306

“Don’t be afraid about being vilified, the struggle for justice has never
been a popularity contest” - Greenpeace International Executive Director
Kumi Naidoo's message to young people.

www.greenpeacestudents.org

--
Eric W. Pollard