[Ok-sus] The Carrie Dickerson Foundation Celebrates Spring, Earth Day and Quilts!

Marilyn McCulloch outpostomega at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 7 19:23:40 UTC 2014

The Second Annual Carrie Dickerson Foundation Quilt Art and Music Festival (And Earth Day Celebration)

Saturday, April 19, 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM
At the fabulous Garden Deva Sculpture Company, 307 S. Trenton in Tulsa, OK
$2 at the door, children free, no one turned away

Local Quilters, Artists and Crafters, Musicians, and Culinary Wizards unite to support the
continuing work of the non-profit foundation named for Oklahoma's grass
roots heroine Carrie Dickerson. We are dedicating this year's event to
our late executive director, Janet Hutto, whose many years of service to children, our community and humanity are an inspiration to all of us.
Carrie's belief in the power of the people and the safety of the planet
inspires ongoing efforts to reconnect children with nature, promote safe and renewable energy resources, support rail passenger service for
northeastern OK, support the children of Japan in the aftermath of the
Fukushima disaster, and in all things work for positive progress to keep Green Country Green!!!

Please join us for informative speakers, beautiful handmade work for
sale, quilts both for sale and in a gallery to view and appreciate, a
silent auction of quilts and many other lovely items, live local music
by many of Tulsa's favorites, and food and beverage. Quilts were central to Carrie's life and fundraising efforts and we want to honor and
continue that tradition of handmade beauty and dedication.

We will be gathering to celebrate the return of Spring, the power of our beautiful planet to renew and support our lives if we band together to defend and care for her, and to demonstrate the strength of community.

Speakers:

Bob Rounsavell - Rail passenger service, climate change
Earl Hatley - Keystone XL Pipeline, Water issues
Gwen Ingram - Project Learning Tree
Barbara Davis VanHanken - Earth Matters Film Series at Circle Cinema and Sierra Club Oklahoma

Participating artists:

Mystic Moon/Yoga Ideas - Gwen Ingram - Art and ceramics
Starflower Creations - Marilyn McCulloch- beaded ornaments, jewelry, knits
Silk scarves and teatowels - Bill Westcott
Fluffy's
 Compleat Boutique - Kathy Tibbits (quilts, tiedyes)
Dennis Tibbits Fine
 Art - Dennis Tibbits (river paintings)
The M.A.D. House Artists - Candace Hibbard Lilly (Variety of gorgeous art and handmade work)
Elegant Vintage component and reproduction jewelry
King Yellow - Saji Alsharif -  primal Jewelry, leather bags
Susan Michael Quilts

Tulsa Modern Quilt Guild
F. Highlander Designs - Kim Hagan Beaded and fused glass jewelry, etc.
Kiss Me Kwik Culinary Delights - Jeri Zane
Tulsa Girls Art School
Vickie Barbour Quilts
Laura Borders - Artist
Ashli Ringgold and Grant Downing - Printmakers
Beads and Bowls  -  Kimberly Crowther, beading and wood craft
AeonDawn Creations - Jhan Hagy, Jewelry

Musicians:

Wheat Penny

J. Pat Murphy
Scott Aycock
Rocky Frisco and the Knuckle Band
Kathy Tibbits and the Illinois River
 Gang
Oceanaut

More TBA

Foundation facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CarrieDickersonFoundation
Facebook event page https://www.facebook.com/events/1470752953138167/
website www.carriedickersonfoundation.org

Please feel free to reply to this email or call me with any questions. Thank you for your help in promoting this event.

Marilyn McCulloch
Secretary, Carrie Dickerson Foundation
918-284-0728

Blessings,