[Ok-sus] Article: How to better communicate about climate change, and more

Temur Akhmedov okenergysavers at live.com
Sun Apr 20 20:18:13 UTC 2014

>From Grist

Want everyone else to buy into environmentalism? Never
say “Earth”

By Heather Smith

http://grist.org/climate-energy/want-everyone-else-to-buy-into-environmentalism-never-say-earth/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Weekly%2520March%252018&utm_campaign=weekly

>From me: you've got to speak the language of people you are talking to. It won't help if I post my thoughts in Russian, would it? May make the conversation a bit exotic, I guess ;-) On a serious note, after speaking to all sorts of groups over the years I saw that it is a whole lot easier to dismiss a speaker if he or she is talking in a "different language". Complex ideas need to be presented in simple terms. Don't try to make PhD's out of your listeners - you'll just fail. All you need to do is to open the door. People will walk in themselves. The challenge for you it figure out which door to open!

Good luck,

Temur Akhmedov, LEED AP

Green Building, Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy
C: +1-405-229-9165 F: +1-866-661-5253

  Please consider the environment
before printing this e-mail or attachments

Confidentiality
 Notice:  This email, including any attachments, is for the sole use of
the intended recipient (s) and may contain confidential and privileged
information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited.  If you receive this email and are not the intended
recipient, please inform the sender by email reply, and destroy all
copies of the original message.