[Ok-sus] New clean energy tariff

Whitney Pearson whitneyppearson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 16:07:16 UTC 2014

Hello,

Luckily, those who already have distributed generation installed on their
property will not be be affected. Also, there is still an opportunity to
make sure a higher tariff is not implemented on customers who install DG on
their property in the future.  Please see the executive order that was
issued along with the signing of the bill (something that has not happened
in Oklahoma previously) https://www.sos.ok.gov/documents/filelog/89908.pdf
I believe the intent of this order was to direct the implementation of this
legislation and make sure that there is an open process that takes both the
value of DG into consideration and input from all stakeholders.  This means
that with a good cost benefit analysis - we can prove that customers with
DG should not be taxed.  (AND we'll need support from DG advocates when
this comes up at the Corp Com!)

This was an effort backed by the major utilities (OG&E and PSO) and will
only relate to utilities regulated by the Corporation Commission.  They did
a very good job disseminating confusing information about fairness between
customers, etc. As you can see by the votes in both Chambers - 0 no votes
from the Senate and in the House, only 5 voted no - many friends of clean
energy were missing from the no vote list. And make no mistake, between
Sierra Club and the Solar Alliance every legislator was well aware of our
opposition.

Please see some of the recent coverage below.  I think these stories best
describe the process moving forward.
There was actually a lot of media coverage both local and national on this
issue. (You can google Oklahoma Solar and lots of stories will pop up.
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-alliance-for-solar-choice-applauds-oklahoma-governor-mary-fallin-and-secretary-of-energy-and-environment-michael-teague-for-leading-on-distributed-generation-256208881.html