[Ok-sus] New clean energy tariff

Vicke Adams vicke at vickeadams.com
Tue Apr 29 14:11:33 UTC 2014

I don't know how OG&E or PSO operate since I have Ozark Electric which is a
cooperative. Ozark does not pay for electricity put back on the grid. They
also charge a minimum monthly amount of $25 regardless of how much
electricity that you use. That is how they pay for infrastructure for
minimal users. There are many summer cabins out here where I'm at. Those
people pay $25 per month, every month, even on months they don't come out to
their cabin. So, utility companies have already figured out how to provide
for their infrastructure.

But let's look at an analogy to your argument. Toll roads are built and
maintained by the people that pay to use them. There aren't different
charges based on how much you use the road. They don't charge me if I opt to
use the alternate roads for a few months. Would you give the Turnpikes the
right to charge those who don't use it since they have to build and maintain
it on an unpredictable basis?

I read somewhere that Governor Fallin's executive order implementing this
law basically guts it. I've read the executive order, twice, and I have to
admit that I don't understand what it says. If it guts the law, I'm not sure
how.

Vicke