[Ok-sus] New clean energy tariff

Vicke Adams vicke at vickeadams.com
Wed Apr 30 14:07:56 UTC 2014

Kelley,

You don't seem to be aware of all the restrictions and controls already on
solar electric systems. I put in my own solar electric system and am very
familiar with how they work.  What you describe happening in storm
situations doesn't happen because the owners of grid-connected solar
electric systems are already required by law to pay for the switches that
shut their systems down when the grid is down.

Yes, the coop is different than OG&E and PSO. It is owned by the users
(members). Although, according to the Ozark Electric website, the coops both
generate and deliver electricity. Moreover, nationwide they maintain 42% of
the nations distribution lines. Although, how coops are owned and how much
electricity they generate has absolutely nothing to do with a bad law that
was passed to try to limit the growth of clean renewable energy.

Vicke