[Ok-sus] How a German village disconnected from the grid and created its own grid fueled by renewable energy

Crews, Andrew J. a.crews888 at ou.edu
Sun Feb 23 17:22:29 UTC 2014

Kelley,

Thanks for the input!  I am going to try to break them up into less than 1000 word post in the future to make them more accessible.

Unfortunately, when I confront this "Religion of Progress," people immediately take a sharp turn into polar opposite direction and end up with the whole cavemen/ "were screwed" rhetoric.  The level of technology i'm suggesting would look something like the Victorian Era and Age of Sail with much greater access to durable materials like metal.  Hardly the miserable scrapping by of a Hollywood zombie apocalypse. Unfortunately the more people try to hang onto this vision of technological progress the more they ignore some of the more practical and simple application out there that could assist in our de-industrial future.

Best Wishes,
Andrew Crews