[Ok-sus] How a German village disconnected from the grid and created its own grid fueled by renewable energy

Crews, Andrew J. a.crews888 at ou.edu
Sun Feb 23 22:53:05 UTC 2014

Chuck,

 This is not my argument.  Everything is of course subsidized unless it produces an energy surplus in which to pay for itself.  All the material goods and wealth from our society are subsidized by our surplus energy.  The problem with subsidizing energy technologies is you may choose to monetarily subsidize an energy technology which does not provide a proper surplus return.  If something does not pay for itself energetically it is an energy sink and not a energy source.  Unwisely investing your surplus energy into energy sinks is a good way to run your society straight into the ground.  Furthermore, that is energy that could have gone into more useful things.