[Ok-sus] How a German village disconnected from the grid and created its own grid fueled by renewable energy

Vicke Adams vicke at vickeadams.com
Mon Feb 24 15:05:56 UTC 2014

I agree with using a total lifecycle comparison but everything takes energy, even a horse. Do you have any idea of the amount of manure produced by a horse? Some energy is required to clean that up and do something with it. And what about feeding that horse? Where does the food come from? How is it grown and shipped? I have one horse and four goats on a small farm. If I didn't have a composting program, I would be drowning in manure. Plus, there would be no way to even partially feed them. As it is, I have to buy feed and hay and transport that to my farm in the winter.