[Ok-sus] Article about cooperative businesses

Kelley C Smith smithkc at riskiii.com
Fri Jun 13 19:14:57 UTC 2014

It seems we have talked now and then about cooperative business….many feel that for workers to also be owners and decision makers would lead to better decisions  -- workers are stakeholders who live in community; could balance competing needs for funds, pollution-
abatement vs. CEO salaries, etc.

 Here is an interesting article about cooperatives in the American Black community…. Have requested this book be purchased by the Metro Library.

http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/item/24332-black-co-ops-were-a-method-of-economic-survival

Seems to me people of any race or ethnic group might have something to learn here.

Kelley